Our skin is one of the most important organs of your body, and when you consider what it has to deal with in the course of a lifetime, it does make perfect sense to take care of your skin. If you would like to know what treatments are available for skin care, here is a list that most skin care clinics will offer.
- IPL Hair Removal – Using intense pulse light (IPL) is a very effective way to remove unwanted hair, and it works by firing intense pulses of light at the skin, which the hair follicle absorbs and the heat damages the hair follicle and its ability regrow new hair follicles. There is an established IPL clinic in Perth where you can have the treatment carried out, then you can say goodbye to those hair removal creams.
- IPL Skin Rejuvenation – This process can remove skin blemishes, spots and lesions as the light affects the melanin in the skin, and IPL skin rejuvenation treatment can be used for spots, freckles, sunspots and general pigmentation issues. IPL treatment can also be used to speed up the natural repair of sun-damaged skin, although with recent sunburn, you must wait until the skin is no longer tender and painful to the touch.
- Micro-Hydrabration – This treatment accelerates skin exfoliation and when used in conjunction with a lactic peel, it deep cleanses the skin. Aside from exfoliating the upper layers of skin, IPL treatment also boosts the body’s natural ability to create collagen.
- Electrolysis Hair Removal – This is a permanent way to remove unwanted hair, and this treatment has been widely used for a century, and if you were thinking that IPL hair removal is a successor for electrolysis, think again. There are advantages with electrolysis, as it can remove hair of all colours, while the IPL method delivers poor results with blonde and ginger hair.
- Diathermy – This treatment is used for skin tags, thread veins and broken capillaries and spider veins on the facial area. The treatment involves inserting a sterile needle just under the skin, then a minute current is passed through the needle and into the skin, and several sessions are recommended, with a new sterile needle used for each application.
- Chemical Peeling – A chemical peel contains low levels of lactic acid and this reduces the skin’s pH levels that accelerates exfoliation and new skin cell growth and boosts hydration. The peels deep cleanse the skin, leaving it tighter and glowing with health, and the treatment is suitable for all area of the body, especially the face and neck.
Intense Pulse Light treatment can resolve many skin issues and leave your skin with a healthy glow, and if you would like to explore the potential of this revolutionary treatment, start with an online search, which will locate a nearby clinic and you can ask about the many treatments available. The skin specialist would examine you and suggest a suitable treatment that will improve your appearance and remove any skin blemishes.